Kehinde Kamson has always believed that businesses have a role to play in contributing to the development of the society. For her, business is more than making money - it is very much about touching lives and making a positive and eternal impact. This is why she considers opportunities to make worthy contributions to the lives of individuals and social enterprises a privilege.
In the past two decades, most of Sweet Sensation’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives have been targeted primarily at children and children related institutions especially schools and those that serve ‘challenged’ children, by providing product and financial support. This CSR direction is due to Lady Kamson’s belief that children are the future of any nation. As a result, she decided to better ‘structure’ the company’s education support initiatives for more effective contribution to the lives of Nigerian children. This is the reason for setting up The Sweet Sensation Education Support Scheme (SSES).
The mission of SSES is to provide support to students of low income families who might otherwise be unable to sustain their educational costs and to reward and recognize impressive academic performances, leadership attributes and creative abilities in students.
SSES will seek to support students in:
1. Primary Schools
2. Secondary Schools
3. Tertiary institutions
4. Vocational schools
5. Schools set up for the handicapped
Sweet Sensation provides such students (and the institutions that focus primarily on educating them) with product and financial support.
THE SSES SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The SSES Scholarship Program is aimed at providing scholarships to students of public schools in Nigeria. The beneficiaries of the SSES scholarship program fit into the scheme’s mission hence they are students of low income families who might otherwise be unable to sustain their educational costs and to reward and recognize impressive academic performances, leadership attributes and creative abilities in students.
The 2011 SSES Scholarship Program, which was the ‘test pilot’ of a planned extensive scholarship program, was for students of public secondary schools in Lagos state who were between the ages of 11 and 18. The beneficiaries each received scholarships covering: books, uniforms, bags, shoes, exam fees, lesson fees and other schooling expenses.
Students were selected for the 2011 SSES scholarship program based on a strict selection processes.
The public schools from which the students were selected were chosen based on proximity to certain identified Sweet Sensation outlets within Lagos.
The vision of SSES is to support at least 5,000 Nigerian public school students who are from low income families over the next ten years. This will have a spiral effect in the 5,000 families they represent and in Nigeria as a whole.
Some of the institutions Sweet Sensation has supported in the past include:
1. DOWN SYNDROME FOUNDATION, SURULERE LAGOS
2. DR E.I.P EBOSIE FOUNDATION, MARYLAND IKEJA
3. LITTLE SAINTS ORPHANAGE, ONIPANU
4. EVA ADELAJA JNR & SNR SEC SCH; IFAKO GBAGADA
5. LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY TEACHING HOSPITAL, IKEJA
6. MODUPE COLE MEMORIAL SCHOOL FOR THE MENTAL & PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED, AKOKA
7. LAGOS STATE REMAND HOME FOR GIRLS, IDI ARABA
8. CAMBRIGDE COLLEGE, GRA IKEJA
9. CHRIST REDEEMER SCHOOL GBAGADA
10. PERIDOT SCHOOL,CRYSTAL ESTATE
11. CHRISLAND SCHOOL, OPEBI IKEJA
12. SUNNYDALE SCHOOL, GRA IKEJA
13. ABIOLA INT'L SCHOOL, OPEBI IKEJA
14. CTC INT'L SCHOOL, GRA IKEJA
15. M. D NURSERY & PRIMARY SCHOOL, OMOLE IKEJA
16. MY DREAM SCHOOL, KETU LAGOS
17. BLOOMINGDALE SCHOOL, IKEJA
18. CHRISLAND SCHOOL, IKEJA LAGOS
19. FUTURE KIDS, IKEJA LAGOS
20. GRANGE SCHOOL, GRA IKEJA
21. HALLMARK SCHOOL, AGIDINGBI IKEJA
22. SUNNYSIDE SCHOOL, ILUPEJU
23. HELPERS MONTESSORI SCHOOL, IDI- IROKO, IKORODU
24. L.E.A.R.N, SURULERE
25. OMOTOLA CHARITY EVENTS, GRA IKEJA